Saying that there are a million details involved in a move might be exaggerating, but not by much. Your circumstances and your lifestyle will determine the specific complexities of your move, but there are some general tips and advice for moving that will be helpful for just about anybody. Moving Service Amarillo
Getting things done as soon as possible after you know your move date will give you plenty of time to sort the complexities out. Many people find it helpful to start a binder or folder specifically for documents related to their long distance move. The binder can contain receipts, appointments and several lists. You will want several lists, such as a list of important documents, a list of people or firms that need to be notified of the move, a list of items to get rid of and a list of tasks that need to be completed. If you have items that need special handling during your move, such as an antique china set or furniture, talk to us about accommodating these items. To begin:
- Call Red Raider Moving for a moving estimate
- Decide what items you will move
- Purge any items you don’t want to move
- Sketch out new furniture arrangements
- Organize files and clutter
- Schedule utilities turn on/shut off
Once you have the actual move scheduled and arranged, you will want to think about such things as disconnecting utilities in your old home and having them connected at your new home. You will also want to start on projects such as defrosting the refrigerator and emptying gasoline out of power equipment. You can submit a change of address form with the post office four or five weeks ahead of your move. This will help prevent missed mail or having to retrieve mail from your old address. A yard sale a few weeks before your move may take up some of your time, but it may give you more money to work within your moving budget. Moving Company Amarillo
Start packing a couple of weeks before you start your move. Label boxes so that movers know where to put them in your new home, and so you know what the boxes contain. This will help you set priorities when you start unpacking. When you start packing, make a list of things that you want to take with you in the car or on the plane. Most people prefer to keep their cell phone, jewelry and other small valuables. Many people also prefer to transport important documents themselves, such as insurance policies, birth certificates and auto registration. If you prefer to use your mover’s packing services, be sure to arrange this with them when you schedule the move. Packing tips:
- Pack items first that you use the least often.
- Start packing as soon as you find out you’re moving.
- Never pack flammable items.
- Be generous with packing material.
- List contents and room on cartons; pack tightly.
- Separate breakables and non-breakables; mark breakable boxes as “Fragile.”
- Surround lamp shades with protective paper and then nest together. Bases can be placed in a separate carton.
- Soft goods such as pillows should be packed in a lined, clean carton and separated by layers of clean paper.
- Pack computers in their original carton if possible, or surround generously with bubble wrap or other cushion and pack in a sturdy box.
- Carefully wrap glassware in sheets of clean protective paper. Wrap each piece separately, then bundle up to three pieces together and wrap again. Moving Companies Amarillo
You’ve made it! With the help of professional movers like Red Raider Moving, you’re armed with your custom moving plan and you have the services you need to complete your relocation. Your final checklist should include:
- Remain on the premises until loading is complete.
- Tour the house to check that nothing is left.
- Let the van operator know how he can reach you.
- Lock up your home.
- Set the air and light to away settings.
- Confirm utility shut off.
- Surrender old house keys.
Packing for moving is an art requiring a certain amount of expertise and know-how. Red Raider Moving has a well trained and qualified staff to do any part of the packing you might prefer to leave to us. We have all of the proper equipment and materials to do the job efficiently and thoroughly. If you need assistance with your packing please let us know, we will be happy to quote a price for this service. Local Movers Amarillo Tx
Mover hired? Moving day picked? All that is left is the dreaded packing! Well, gear up with packing boxes, Styrofoam and tape and let us help you make that mission a success with these insider packing tips!
Start with out-of-season items. Next move on to things that are used infrequently. Throw in a basement or cellar pack marathon here and finish with the things you will need until packing day.
Contact With Us
Red Raider Moving
Call +1 (806) 322-1152