Stay bright with icy eyeshadow and liner in silvers and whites
Forget the smoky eye: this season’s bold party look is the icy equivalent, a wash of white shadow on the upper lid as seen on Kenzo’s catwalk. Go heavy if you dare, using your ring finger to blend or, if you’re shy, start off with silver in a single layer for a sheer and silky whitewash. Experiment with white liner, too, to create the illusion of wider eyes. Applied subtly along the lash line it will help you appear awake and lively, even at your third party of the night.
Get the look
1. Nars Single Eyeshadow in Isla Bonita £16, harveynichols.co.uk
2. Sisley Paris Phyto Khol Perfect Star in Snow £37, net-a-porter.com
3. Surratt Artistique Scintillante £18, net-a-porter.com
4. Shiseido Kajal Ink Liner in Kabuki White £22, feelunique.com
5. Lord & Berry Seta in Snow £12, lordandberry.com
6. Primark PS… Pure Double Dimension in Silver £2, primark.com
7. Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in Blanc £19.50, houseoffraser.co.uk
8. Chantecaille Les Perles Metallic Eye Liner in Argent £36, spacenk.com
9. Illamasqua Eyeshadow in Stealth £16.50, illamasqua.com
10. Mac Kajal Crayon in Gone Blanc £17, maccosmetics.co.uk
Ready to party
Party hair requires more than just a spritz of dry shampoo. You need to sort out over-processed hair with genius treatment Olaplex. Previously something you’d apply as an extra, it’s launched a shampoo and conditioner, £35 (cultbeauty.co.uk).
A cracker of a gift
It’s cute, it’s quick, it’s filled with joy: the beauty cracker is a perfect gift. Weleda’s Relax and Sleep Well Cracker (£6.95) is fab, as is Jo Malone’s (£32) with its dinky cologne (boots.com).
The beauty of Charlotte Tilbury’s Instant Magic Facial Dry Sheet Mask (£18) is that you can pop it on over your makeup and 15 minutes later, expect a refreshed and party-ready complexion. Could this be the first face mask you can wear at work?